Friday, January 18, 2013

Welcome to my Blog!




Hello fellow readers,

chameleon transformation images

Welcome to my blog! This is my first post for my Computer Science class and I am quite excited for what it is in store for me.  The coding language that I will be learning is DrRacket and I must say: "so far, so good!" Watching all the DrRacket videos are informative, especially with the colorful lizard pictures throughout the videos (hence the picture above). I hope to be more familiarize with it by next week when I download the program into my laptop.

This week in class, I learned about the algorithms and what interested me was the life application to algorithms. When asked to write a simple algorithm to make pbj sandwich, I thought it was very easy. But when my professor actually applied the algorithm, I realized that there were so many minor details that I forgot to mention. Therefore, when writing algorithms for programs, I think it is very important to be as precise as possible because, not only is the computer running my program, but also, another reader wants to understand what I am writing in my program.

Looking forward to new materials!

No comments:

Post a Comment